Saturday 13 January 2018

Church Minshull



Here I am Rune
Distance 5.1 miles
Total 2948 Locks  148 Tunnels
Running total mileage 4260.1 miles

Having done the shopping yesterday, today we move back onto the quite pleasant mooring overlooking Church Minshull where we moored on New Year’s Eve. I had intended to go as far as Aqueduct marina but by the time we got here I decided that I was quite cold enough so pulled in and moored. I don’t recall the forecast making much of an issue of how cold it was going to be but the wind drove the temperature down by quite a few degrees. It wasn’t as though I was underdressed since I had thermals, a fleece and a heavy overcoat on but after a couple of hours on the tiller I was starting to feel the cold.

I’m not sure whether we will press on tomorrow or leave it until Monday to head back to Nantwich, this is quite a pleasant mooring to spend a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment