Friday 5 January 2018

Anderton



Here I am Rune
Distance 15.7 miles
Total 2942 Locks  148 Tunnels
Running total mileage 4244.8 miles

Quite a long day’s cruise for us but at least we now have the month’s supply of coal in should the weather turn colder. Whilst at the chandlers we got a few other bits and pieces, some shock cord for the roof boxes as the old stuff has lost it’s elasticity and a couple of cork key ring floats since I discovered the other day that the Key buoy on my keyring that is supposed to inflate if the keys fall into the canal, doesn’t (no need to ask how I found that out!) so we’ve reverted to old technology.

The day’s cruise was OK although it was becoming a bit cold towards the end. The other fact that I’m not keen on is that at this time of year it is necessary to set out as soon as it is light to be able to complete the trip (two of the tunnels are only open at specific times) during the hours of daylight, so we were on our way this morning at 8.20am.

I think we will probably stay here, at least for tomorrow, moving on either Sunday or after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment