Monday 1 January 2018

Middlewich



Here I am Rune
Distance 5.0 miles
Total 2935 Locks  142 Tunnels
Running total mileage 4218.7 miles

Since the weather was quite reasonable we decided to move on today, which has brought us back to Middlewich. Having had a wander around the place there are not many other boats moored here, by my counting there are 4 other boats besides ourselves moored in the town which probably has mooring space for about 30 boats, so it looks a bit deserted. I suppose that it isn’t that attractive for people mooring for any considerable time since there are no official CRT rubbish points or elsan disposal points, Anderton our next stop up the canal may well be busier since it has all of these.

I have to say though I do like the Middlewich arm, quite a lot of it is on embankments so there is often quite a spectacular view, there are quite a few pleasant mooring places and it is generally a tidy bit of canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment