Thursday 30 March 2017

Saltersford (Warwick)



Here I am Rune
Distance 2.6 miles
Total 2452 Locks  118 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3430.9miles

After a reasonable workout today coming down the Hatton Flight I have one or two aches and pains here and there. For some reason I just couldn’t get properly into a rhythm for the first 8 or so locks. The rhythm was thrown a bit by getting a plastic coal bag around the propeller somewhere about lock 43 or 44 which I couldn’t shift with the usual forward and reverse drives so in lock 41 everything came to a halt while I got down the weed hatch to remove it. After that things started to get better although the weather wasn’t helping with a number of short showers but it all seemed to calm down after about lock 40 and it was soon after that we got into the rhythm of doing it. The total time to come down was about 3 hours and 20 minutes which is reasonable since we were travelling alone having signally failed to team up with any other boat coming down (passed a few going up though!).

I think we will be at our current mooring for a few days recuperation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment