Saturday 5 November 2016

Offchurch



Here I am Rune
Distance 3.8 miles
Total 2191 Locks  90 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3120.9 miles 

Today’s cruise was one of those where we just pottered along until we felt like stopping, which has brought us about 3 miles east of Leamington Spa. We sort of stopped for lunch and didn’t really start again! The temperature has noticeably dropped a bit and I find myself wearing my winter woollen hat, although the main factor in how cold it is was the wind which had picked up quite a bit.

Last night’s sleep was disturbed by something of a rare event, a bunch of drunks on the towpath who thought it would be a good idea to clamber onto the roof of our boat at 1.10am. I was a bit slow waking up to this and by the time I was on deck the group had gone although we could still hear the noise that they were making a couple of hundred yards further up the road. Having checked over the boat they don’t seem to have cause any damage other than a few dirty footprints on the roof. I must say I was slightly surprised by this event since we weren’t really in the town centre of Leamington which, Like most town centres, is best avoided on Friday and Saturday nights (the clue in Leamington is that no-one else was moored there either, despite there being a lot of mooring rings). Just one of those things to put down to experience I suppose.

Tomorrow we have a load of locks to go through so a chance for a bit of a ‘work-out’.

No comments:

Post a Comment