Tuesday 22 November 2016

Foxton Locks



Here I am Rune
Distance 5.3miles
Total 2233 Locks  93 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3171.6 miles

Having spent 6 days by the basin in Market Harborough we are back on the move to the bottom of Foxton Locks. The trip was fairly uneventful although we were tracked along the way by at least 3 different Kingfishers. I still look forward to the day that I can get a decent photo of one of these magnificently coloured birds. The problem is that they sit and wait for the front of the boat to reach where they are perched and then fly off about 100 yards further along the waterway, I think it is their method of fishing. Standing at the back of the boat I rarely get closer than 100 feet away before they fly on. The one that sat in the bush as we cruised past had gone right to the back of the bush so photographing him would have just been a whole lot of branches.

I have to say that I’m not a fan of Autumn, particularly Autumnal days such as today, damp, dark and overcast, at least it is only another month now and the days start to get longer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment