Thursday 26 May 2016

Uxbridge/Cowley



Here I am Rune
Distance 4.2miles
Total 1889 Locks 88 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2650 miles

We have moored up for the day below Cowley Lock in preparation for the trip up the Slough arm tomorrow. It will be between 10 and 11 miles but no locks, so little for the crew to do, she can regard it as a day off! I’ve heard a variety of reports about the Slough Arm regarding weed and lack of depth but since we are fairly early in the year I’m hoping that the weed hasn’t had time to grow since winter and I believe that it has been dredged in recent years, so I’m sort of optimistic.

When dealing with our refuse I met up again with the couple we shared locks with a few days ago and they seem to have gone down below Hanwell Locks before turning around again.  They seem to have met up with a grump who was complaining to them about leaving lock gates open. He said that they had closed all of the lock gates as they went through so they had apparently drifted open again, a not uncommon occurrence, and certainly not something that I’d bother having a go at anyone about.

No comments:

Post a Comment