Monday 16 May 2016

Tring



Here I am Rune
Distance 5.7miles
Total 1833 Locks 88 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2618.0 miles

After a pleasant few days in Aylesbury we are now back on the move, and quite surprisingly we are almost back to the top of the Aylesbury in one days travelling, 4 locks from the end and about half a mile. We didn’t start out particularly early (about 10.45am) and didn’t seem to be in much of a rush so I suppose doing the Aylesbury Arm in a day is easily manageable.

My original comments regarding Aylesbury should now be amended on having a better look around the place. Whilst my initial trip through did involve passing a few boarded up shops and buildings, the old town area is actually quite attractive. There has been a lot of work done around the canal basin and I would certainly recommend it for a visit.

Not sure yet how far we’ll go tomorrow, 4 locks still to go on this bit of canal then another 7 almost immediately on the Grand Union so I suspect it will be to the top of the locks and then stop for the day.

One of Aylesbury's notables, Benjamin Disraeli.....

......and a reminder of another of the notables!


No comments:

Post a Comment