Monday 12 January 2015

Oldbury (Titford Canal)



Here I am Rune
Distance 3 miles
Total 808 Locks 37 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1224.4miles

We got as far as the Tat Bank Branch along the Titford Canal before I decided I’d had enough of the rain and constantly getting stuff wrapped around the propeller, so we stopped here for the night. The mooring is outside the pumping station which is also home to the Birminghan Canal Navigation Society, whose advice sheet we have been using to find the moorings around the BCN. The plan is now to go down to Titford Pools tomorrow then come back here to moor again for the night and then return back down the flight of locks on Wednesday. Whilst this is quite a heavily industrialised area the mooring itself seems OK. We are behind a secure compound so shouldn’t get disturbed by anyone.

 The only criticism I’d have is that the building with the facilities isn’t very well marked. There are a number of doors to the building, none of which my BW key would fit. There was one other door which wasn’t locked but I couldn’t seem to get to open. Speaking with a guy called Phil who is moored here he advised me that the unlocked door is the one containing the facilities (no actual marking on the door) and to get it to open it is necessary to give the bottom of the door a bit of a kicking. At least now I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment