Wednesday 17 June 2020

Hockley Heath

Here I am Rune

Distance 14.8  miles
Total 3950 Locks  262 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5837.7 miles

As planned we were back on the move today, heading towards the Lapworth flight of locks. After a comparatively early start for me (9.30am) we put in about 6 hours of travelling and got as far as the outskirts of Hockley Heath before the torrential rain that started after lunch got the better of me so we had to come to a stop. I had waterproofs on but the rain was so heavy that visibility was being affected so stopped about a mile earlier than I’d intended.

Looks like it may be a late start tomorrow since torrential rain is forecast for the morning, my intention is now simply to get down the Lapworth flight and stop at Kingswood Junction so if we don’t start until after lunch it wont be a great disaster, although we’ll end out stopping for the day a lot later than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment