Monday 23 October 2017

Calveley



Here I am Rune
Distance 6.2 miles
Total 2913 Locks  136 Tunnels
Running total mileage 4115.6 miles

Reached Calveley today and completed all necessary domestic tasks (water,elsan,rubbish). Had the first experience for quite a while of having to queue to use a lock as the canal was relatively busy today. Tomorrow will be a short hop back to Barbridge where I hope to be able to meet up with the guy who reconditions stoves to do ours up a bit. 

It looks like we will probably be overwintering in this general area, I hope not to have to put the boat into the local marinas though, we made some enquiries as we came through today, the first marina was over £100 for a week’s mooring and the second one was £80 for a week; to compare that with Thorne where we last left the boat, it was only £47.50 per week!

3 comments:

  1. Try Park Farm moorings, Middlewich end of the Branch above Stanthorn lock, offside country moorings, sometimes has winter moorings available, look up Peter Oakes on Facebook, or pop along there, offside just past Bridge 25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion although I suspect that they may be more interested in longer term moorings (winter) than I had in mind. I was looking for somewhere to leave the boat if I go away for more than a couple of weeks. I will bear Park Farm in mind though.

      Delete
  2. Peter usually tries to be helpful, I know he has the Ice Cream boat there over winter, when I was there it was on a month by month basis with one months notice on both sides. As you appear to be true CC'rs he sometimes uses the field the other side of the bridge from the long term boats, but that field does not have electric which I don't think would bother you.

    ReplyDelete