Wednesday 4 January 2017

Hinckley



Here I am Rune
Distance 7.5 miles
Total 2281 Locks  99 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3267.8 miles 

Today was quite a bit warmer for travelling, although looking at the forecast it is a sort of calm before the storm since tonight and tomorrow are due to get pretty chilly. Looking out of the window before I started writing this I can see that the canal is already frozen and it is only 10pm so I expect it to be quite solidly frozen by the morning, we possibly may not be going anywhere tomorrow.

Generally the trip today went well, although we did get a slightly worrying squeal that sounded like it was from one of the belts on the engine for a very short period of time whilst travelling along. I also got a good sight of a fox wandering along the towpath as if it owned the place. An attempt at photographing it whilst still steering the boat wasn’t altogether successful as the photo hasn’t focussed well, I can see the fox in it but I don’t suppose anyone else would be able to.

At least if we to get frozen in where we are, we aren’t too far out of Hinckley (walkable) and we are right by a water tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment