Sunday 19 February 2017

Stockton



Here I am Rune
Distance 7.4 miles
Total 2293 Locks  102 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3341.3 miles 

Today’s trip was a section of canal I have now got to know quite well, I thinkI’m losing track of how many times I have now travelled the bit from Braunston to Calcutt but I think the boat could almost find it’s own way now. Having said that it is a piece of canal that I do quite like since the scenery is quite nice and there are a couple of owl boxes to look out for.

One of the main purpose to today’s trip was to refuel which we did at Calcutt marina, which was a shame because a couple of miles further along we passed the fuel boat Calisto and I’d always rather use them when I can just to help keep them in business.

When we finally moored up for the day I then had my exercise work out cutting up the remains of the scrap wood we got back in November for kindling. The only piece we now have left is a pallet top that is underneath the coal on the roof, that will get cut up once we’ve used a few of the bags of coal on it.
Tomorrow we press on towards Leamington Spa/Warwick.

No comments:

Post a Comment