Wednesday 12 October 2016

Napton



Here I am Rune
Distance 6.5 miles
Total 2160 Locks  90 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3088.2 miles 

Today’s trip was along the winding section of canal between Fenny Compton and Napton. From last night mooring where I photographed Napton Windmill (3 ½ miles away)
Napton Windmill (from 3.5 miles away)
we have taken pretty much all day to do the 6 ½ miles and 9 locks to tonights mooring which is pretty much below the windmill, so we’ve travelled almost twice the actual distance to get here! It is a nice enough trip it just seem to take a long while to get not very far.
The boat in the field


I’m always fascinated to see this boat in the middle of the field, I still haven’t been able to find out exactly what point the owner is trying to make even having spoken to a couple of people on the canals. I think if I wanted to set up something in the middle of a field it would probably be a caravan so that it could be easily moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment