Monday 14 March 2016

Napton



Here I am Rune
Distance 7.5 miles
Total 1693 Locks 86 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2447.8 miles 

Well after our weekend stay in Braunston I think I can say that we are now back on the move for the season. A good trip to Napton Bottom Lock and I would hope to get to Fenny Compton tomorrow aiming for Banbury for the weekend.

The weather was pretty good today although the wind was a bit chilly, this has meant that there have been quite a few more boats on the water, some however not as competent as one would wish! I suppose that it illustrates that you cannot always count on people to be doing what you’d expect. As we came around a right hand corner on the way from Braunston to here we met a boat coming in the opposite direction but fully on my side of the canal. There was no way to get around him so I immediately put the boat in reverse to try to stop, it took him a little while to do likewise. By the time that both boats had stopped there was an overlap on our bows but fortunately we’d avoided a head on collision. He stated that the wind had blown him into my side of the canal but it looked more as though he had tried to cut the corner or had suffered a loss of concentration, anyway ultimately no harm was done.

Also passed another blogger who we have previously met, ‘Maffi’ who seemed to be heading back towards Braunston but only had a very short greeting with him.
Tomorrow back to passing through a flight of locks (Napton).

No comments:

Post a Comment