Wednesday 23 March 2016

Enslow



Here I am Rune
Distance 8.8 miles
Total 1725 Locks 86 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2486.3 miles 


We didn’t get as far as Thrupp today but Enslow is close enough for me. We will still have to wait in Thrupp when we get there, hopefully tomorrow as the Thames is still on yellow warning boards and I don’t intend to take to the river until all of the boards are off. The weather forecast for tomorrow doesn’t help that aspiration much since heavy rain is forecast in the afternoon, I just hop that it isn’t heavy enough to start the river levels increasing again. By my reckoning the latest we can wait around here for the river level to fall will be until about 1st April, beyond that an we wont have time to get back to our next intended destination. We’ll have to see how it all pans out!


No comments:

Post a Comment