Wednesday 16 March 2016

Cropredy



Here I am Rune
Distance 8.8 miles
Total 1710 Locks 86 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2463.3 miles 

We have reached the intended destination of Cropredy which leave us just one day out of Banbury, the target for the weekend. It is still pretty cold travelling but at least the sun was periodically shining for us. It creates the interesting situation whereby I was initially wearing a woolly hat because it was cold, then a sun hat to protect my eyes as we travelled towards the sun, then back into a woolly hat when the sun went in. I’ll be glad when it is just one thing or the other!

This time of mooring in Cropredy we are above the lock, opposite some quite attractive detached houses, although the signs on the towpath suggest that engines shouldn’t be run as it disturbs the local residents.

I do know that it’s not far from here to Banbury because last time we moored here I cycled to the Tesco’s so I would think we’ll be there by lunchtime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment