Monday 1 August 2016

Enfield Lock



Here I am
Distance 3.1 miles
Total 1967 Locks  90 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2763.5miles

Once again, a fairly ‘soft’ day’s cruising bringing us down as far as Enfield Lock. It’s funny because I remember this place as a destination from childhood that I never actually went to. Living in New Barnet the 107 bus destination was always ‘Enfield Lock’ on the back of the bus, I never realised then that there was so little here!

I took the opportunity whilst here of biking down to Ponders End to a car accessory place, Allparts, to replace the drive belt that I fitted yesterday having seen splits stating to develop in the old one. Decided that replacing it now, rather than halfway through London on the Thames would be a better option.
At the moment I’m not certain of when we will be going out onto the Thames to get down to the Wey and Basingstoke canal, but I think Thursday is probably the likely option, although that will be the day of the Spring Tide so we should get pushed through London quite quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment