Tuesday 1 December 2015

Claydon



Here I am Rune
Distance 10 miles
Total 1620 Locks 80 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2263.7.0 miles

And after the gales of yesterday, today was generally quite reasonable. It is very pleasant countryside to be passing though although being a bit of a ‘contour’ canal it does take an extremely circuitous route. Normally as I’m travelling along, whether on a boat or in a car I get a sort of ‘head map’ by which I can sort figure out where I am. On this last section of canal this ‘head map’ really didn’t work. When we set off we were heading into the sun, then it moved around to our left, then it was behind us and then slightly to the rear right before moving back again until at the end of the trip it was to our right. It felt like we were going around in circles and I would think that when the ‘navvies’ were digging the canal they must have regularly asked ‘Are we still going in the right direction?’

We had no locks to do today but this will be paid for tomorrow when we have about 9 to get through to get to Cropredy and the water point.

No comments:

Post a Comment