Friday 19 July 2013

Finally moving onto Rune



I would have to accept criticism that it has been a bit of a slow start on this blog however I have been rushing around so much since I created it that I’ve hardly had time to actually put anything on it!

Now it seems that things are hopefully going to slow down a bit and the planned move onto the narrow boat should take place next week with us moving out of the Marina on Saturday to begin cruising the network.

When we leave the Marina the initial plan is to head north towards Leicester via the Welford  and Market Harborough arm as we already have the boat display plates for both of these but don’t feel that we can fairly put them onto the boat until we have actually travelled along them. After the visit to the relatives in Leicester we then plan to head south in the general direction of Bath/Bristol but the route is still subject to discussion, either down the Oxford Canal and then down the Thames of down the Grand Union to London and up the Thames.

Once we are on the cut and I have canal linked things to photograph I’ll post a few photos onto the blog just as proof of where we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment