Friday 19 October 2018

Halesowen


Here I am Rune
Distance  7.6 miles
Total 3450 Locks  197 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5024.6 miles

After the overnight stay in Engine Arm we have now cruised back to Hawne Basin on quite a pleasant day for travelling. Sunny, reasonably warm for the time of year, not many boats on the move though.One of the few we came across was at Gosty tunnel just before we got back to the basin, it had just come through the tunnel heading towards Bumble Hole. The mistake I made was entering the tunnel too soon after the boat had come out. It was an old style boat with what I assume was a historic engine in it, and it had filled the tunnel with diesel fumes. Things improved a bit after I had passed the ventilation shaft halfway along the tunnel but by the time I came out of the tunnel my eyes were watering and I was sneezing quite a bit.

We will be moored here in Hawne probably until early next month as we have one or two things we want to do in the interim.

No comments:

Post a Comment