Wednesday 6 April 2016

Kidlington



Here I am Rune
Distance 2.1 miles
Total 1734 Locks 86 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2498 miles

Today was just a reverse trip of yesterday so we are now back to within a few yards of where we have been moored so far. I say within a few yards since when we moored at the actual place we had previously moored a rather miserable bloke stuck his head over the fence and shouted out “You aren’t mooring there are you, you’ve been there for two weeks and you’re filling my house up with smoke”. Well using Google earth I can say that we are more than 100 feet away from his house so I don’t think that is likely. I did notice when we arrived here he came and peered over the fence at the boats that were moored and then went off chuntering something to his wife. Seems a bit foolish to me to buy a house backing onto a canal and then complain that boats keep coming up and mooring, but there you go. The nice thing about narrow boating is that when you have an obnoxious neighbour it is possible to just move, which is what we’ve done and are now over 200 feet from his house, he’ll have to be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment