Monday 4 March 2013

This Blog has been created to chart my progress from a house-liver to a Canal Boat Water Gypsy which I hope will be a smooth path but, as is the way of such things, will probably be fraught with problems!! (I'm just a natural born pessimist).

Where we are at the moment is that we have put down a deposit on a narrow boat and are now arranging for a survey to be done. Even that isn't as straightforward as I'd hoped since you can either have a demo survey, an in water survey or a full pre-purchase survey, prices increasing as we go! Will probably be going for a full pre-purchase survey.

The other purpose of the exercise is to keep a record of where on the waterways we have been, and when we were there. This will be to assist our status as Continous Cruisers with the Canals and Rivers Trust since our hope is to travel the length and breadth of the UK inland waterways (keep your aspirations low is what I always say).

As a bit of a newbie to this blogging lark I will hopefully develop a style as we go but I accept that it looks a bit wooden at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment