Monday 7 September 2020

Fotheringhay

Here I am Rune

Distance 15.7 miles

Total 4134 Locks  264 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,355.7 miles

 

A longer run today than originally intended, there aren’t that many moorings on this section of the River Nene anyway but since the engine alternator seemed very reluctant to engage this morning to charge the domestic batteries and the drive belt continuously slipped for a lot longer that normal, I decided I’d try to get a bit further on, nearer to the marina at Oundle which is where we shall be putting in for gas, fuel,water, some bits and pieces and to see if they sell alternators (I’m not hopeful). I do know of a place to get a replacement, but it is in Daventry which is still a little way off from here. If Oundle marina cannot help, then we will have to try to get on to Northampton, moor the boat and hire a care to go and get a replacement alternator.

Tomorrow night hopefully in Oundle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment