Tuesday 11 August 2020

St Neots

Here I am Rune

Distance 8.7 miles

Total 4108 Locks  264 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,173.5 miles

It was a bit of a grind getting out of Barford Mill mooring this morning due to the shallowness and when I’d checked the rudder we seemed to have picked up some grit in it from grounding going backwards, but the short run to the first lock at Barford soon flushed the dirt out of it.

 

Once again, today’s trip was very hot so I’m glad we weren’t making any great distance since once we got to St Neots, I took the opportunity to take another river swim, for quite a bit longer this time to try to keep cool. Another boat, ‘Stroller’ turned up and the lady off that boat also took the plunge into the river to cool off. It was quite amazing just how hot it stayed today, I took a walk to the supermarket at about 5.45pm and listening to the woman in front of me in the supermarket queue, she was telling the cashier that her car’s temperature was still reading above 30 degrees when she got to the store. No thunderstorms, but there was the potential, I think the forecast for tomorrow is similar. Not sure just how far we will go tomorrow, Hemingford Grey looked a good option on the way down, but it is quite a distance and several locks away, we’ll see how we feel tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment