Monday 5 October 2020

Norton Junction

Here I am Rune

Distance 3.7  miles

Total 4168 Locks  264 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,416.2 miles

 

The drizzly rain continued today but we had little choice but to press on since our Elsan space was becoming limited. We managed to team up with a hire boat to go up through the Buckby locks, which was just as well since I seem to have strained my back yesterday walking to the shop along the towpath where I stepped down a hole in the path and jarred my back.

 When we got the to sanitary station at Buckby Top lock I was greeted with the sight you don’t want when your cassettes are all just about full, the Elsan point was taped off and, opening the lid of it, was clearly disgustingly blocked. Spoke with the CRT volunteer who was working the lock and he agreed for us to carefully empty the Elsan down the ordinary toilet, hope CRT get the Elsan point cleared soon.

 Tomorrow it will be through the tunnel and down into Braunston.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment