Tuesday 4 June 2019

Scorton


Here I am  Rune
Distance  8.8 miles
Total 3628 Locks  229 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5356 miles

Gently pressing on up the Lancaster Canal we’ve actually gone beyond the original target of Garstang by another 4 miles or so. The weather was a bit dire (rain) but I’ve decided that I’d rather dawdle back down the canal than dawdle up it. I decided to moor here for the night since it is a fair distance from the M6 motorway, the noise of which seems to dominate the area

We did the necessary domestic stuff at the Bilsborrow Sanitary Station before setting off, and stopped off in Garstang for some essential shopping, but otherwise a fairly uneventful day.

Haven’t decided what the target for tomorrow will be, depends if we are due for more rain, but probably the outskirts of Lancaster.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on our blog. I am sorry I missed you as you passed us (busy below doing something domestic!) and it took Chris a few minutes to twig what you said! I am glad you enjoy the blog and now I have found yours, I will look in to see how you enjoy the Lancaster. We loved it, but some better weather would have been appreciated. I hope it improves for your stay. Are you going down to Glasson? We loved it and the Smokehouse is a must see. If you do go the moorings on the right as you enter say long term, but they are now visitor moorings and a great place to stop. Jennie nb Tentatrice

    ReplyDelete