Tuesday 17 May 2022

Wolverhampton

Here I am

Distance 1.6 miles Rune

Total 4602 Locks  312 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,754.2 miles

Since we aren’t in any rush, we had a ‘short’ day today taking us only as far as the top of the Wolverhampton Flight. We didn’t get off to a very auspicious start though, I was aware that the Bentley Bridge mooring was shallow with weed so tried bow hauling the boat out of it, I still didn’t pull the boat far enough and as soon as I engaged drive we immediately picked up a raft of weed around the prop, so hte first action was to go down the weed hathc!

The current plan is to set off down the Wolverhampton Flight tomorrow which should put us somewhere about Autherly Junction or possibly Coven by tomorrow. It is then only a day’s cruise to Gailey from where I’ll have to go to get the weekend shopping on Friday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment