Monday 25 October 2021

Whitchurch

Here I am Rune

Distance 5.5 miles 

Total 4527 Locks  288 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,806.4miles

Have to say I do like the Whixall Moss mooring, out of earshot of road traffic and the only thing to ‘disturb’ the night were wildlife noises, owls, Canada Geese and a variety of other noises that I couldn’t distinguish. It is also a good location for viewing the night sky although last night the moon was out which tends to restrict the view a bit, I did manage to see Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune so that was at least half a ‘win’.

Coming away from Whixall Moss we seemed to catch a ‘convoy’ all going in our direction, the advantage however was that out of the 5 lift bridges we passed through, we only had to work 2 of them.

Not sure how far we’ll go tomorrow, either Marbury or Wrenbury would be my guess.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment