Wednesday 31 July 2019

Stone


Here I am Rune
Distance 5.9 miles
Total 3714 Locks  233 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5526.9 miles

A bit of a wet day again today, since I’ve booked us in to have the Esperbacher heater serviced over the weekend I have to press on towards Gailey to get it done so had to travel in the rain today. Odd how it always seemed to rain the heaviest whenever we got to a lock.

The rain did however ease off as we got towards Stone where we have moored for the night. It was a bit sad that a memorial statue to Christina Collins, a murder victim of the 1800’s, that stands by bridge 94, Workhouse Bridge, is now almost invisible being covered by weeds. It is so well covered in fact that when I came past on the boat I thought it had been removed but when I walked back it is still there, but only for people who know about it.
What the 'Christina' statue should look like.....
.....and what it looks like now


I think that tomorrow we would hope to be at Great Haywood or thereabouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment