Tuesday 5 April 2016

Thruup



Here I am Rune
Distance 2.4 miles
Total 1733 Locks 86 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2495.9 miles

First item of posting for a while because we haven’t moved much (at all!) until today. I don’t know why people criticise CRT for enforcing the 14 day rule because to be honest I don’t really want to stay anywhere this long. We’ve been around our current location since 24th March and I’m beginning to feel that I know all that I need to about the area. I’ve now made 4 trips into Oxford (just for a bit of exercise and variety) but I am now itching to move on, except that we can’t because The Thames is still red-boarded on the route we want to take. We can’t go against the red board as it would invalidate our insurance (if I even wanted to go against the warning board). I think that we now probably won’t be able to get onto the the Thames until after we’ve celebrate Granddaughter’s birthday later this month.

Back to today, it was once again just a domestic chores trip to the sanitary station at Thrupp to fill with water, dump rubbish, put stuff in for recycling and emptying the elsan cassettes. After which we’ve moored in Thruup itself (something we were unable to do last time we came through as all moorings were full). Since there is a restriction on running of engines at our current mooring I suspect that we will be heading back to our former mooring tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment