Friday 13 December 2019

Halesowen (Hawne Basin)


Here I am Rune
Distance 12.1 miles
Total 3950 Locks  256 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5811.2 miles

Final cruise of the year went very well, despite a few days of heavy rain whilst in Birmingham, the weather was on our side coming back to the basin, sunny but cold.

Whilst in Birmingham we had a look around the German Christmas Market but didn’t find anything I wanted to buy. I felt sorry for the stallholders who had obviously paid a fee to be in the market but the weather was badly against them and from what I could see, most people were hurrying through to get out of the rain, without buying much.

I also had a session on the Ice Skating rink, discovering that I’ve still got the ability to do it without damaging myself, also took a session in the swimming pool and sauna, very pleasant on a cold day.

Now it is just a case of tidying up the boat before we head to Devon for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment